When you make the switch to a battery-operated grease gun, make sure to consider these points. At LH Travis, we know that you are always on the lookout for new ways to get the job done quickly and effectively, and that means sometimes you need to upgrade your equipment. When you make the decision to switch from a standard grease gun to a modern, battery-operated model, there are some points to keep in mind while shopping around.
Not All Grease Guns Are Created Equal
Cordless grease guns have been available since 1999, and they vary in features, so you want to get one that really suits your needs. Some things to consider:
- Battery. A lithium ion battery lasts longer with a steady output of power until the charge is depleted, so is generally the better choice, but they cost a bit more than the NiCad batteries.
- Run time. Consider how many cartridges of grease the gun can dispense on one charge of the battery to determine whether you would need to purchase a second battery.
- Lube meter. You need to know how much grease is being administered, so make sure the model you are considering has a meter.
- Output speed. How fast or slow the grease comes out matters. Too fast can damage some seals, and too slow will be inefficient.
- Light. An LED on a cordless grease gun makes a big difference in those low-light conditions in the early morning or under big machinery.
- Ergonomics. Last but not least, make sure the equipment is comfortable for you to handle and hold for long periods of time.
Anytime you have questions, you can call us at LH Travis and we’ll be glad to assist you.
Training with LH Travis
When you get any new equipment, you may have some uncertainty about how to best employ it. At LH Travis, we stay informed about all kinds of industrial lubrication equipment so we can help you. We can even provide hands-on training at your worksite. Just give us a call at 1-800-628-7481 anytime.