At LH Travis, we want your business but we don’t want you to spend money unnecessarily on equipment you don’t need. Before you commit to the installation of an automatic lubrication system, consider getting the following questions answered first. (Spoiler alert: We can answer all of them and more!)
Making an Informed Choice for a Lubrication System
Since the majority of equipment failure can be directly attributed to faulty bearing lubrication in some way, installing an automatic lubrication system from LH Travis is certainly a wise idea. However, before you finalize that decision, here are a few questions you can ask to make sure you know exactly what you’re getting.
- What specific type of lubrication is required? Whether we’re installing a grease or an oil-based lubrication system, clarify what you’ll need to purchase going forward and what the cost will be. Some systems require very specific lubricants, so you’ll want to know if there is a possible substitute in case of shortages or not.
- How can you tell if a bearing is being lubricated properly? Your installation technician should be able to demonstrate what to watch for in the event of a malfunction and how to determine that the lubricant is being properly applied consistently.
- Is there a pressure gauge included? Not every system has a pressure gauge included as a standard accessory, but it’s good to have one for visual monitoring of system pressure.
- Does the pump package include a filter? Filters are another item not generally supplied by the system manufacturer. Be sure to verify what types of filter are necessary to prevent contamination in the distribution lines, and how often filters need to be changed.
- Are measurements in the system standard or metric? Some manufacturers use metric measurements on hose ends and tube fittings that require adapters. Check what measurements are used so you’ll be prepared.
LH Travis can Answer Your Questions
When you work with LH Travis, you have a professional team of lubrication experts on hand to answer these and any other questions you may have, so don’t hesitate to call us.